A different perspective on Valentine’s day, also sharing some gifting ideas.
Do you find yourself, confused and exhausted from trying to figure out what to do this Valentine’s Day? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
It’s right about that time in February where our favorite hallmark holiday is approaching. I should say before we go any further here is actually an explanation of what Valentine’s Day really is in case you’re wondering read HERE. This year has already started on such a difficult note for most of us as it seems 2020 is just continuing on. I’m at a point where I’m constantly battling between these two thoughts. I need any distraction vs I want to find a way to inject a little bit more excitement into my everyday life.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite Valentine’s Day gift ideas for Her. As well as things you can do for free at home, after all, it’s the thought that counts, so keep that in mind as you browse.
Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Her
I turned 27 last September, since then I have come to not only understand but to prioritize skincare. I know personally for me if my skin is well, I’m bound to feel comfortable in anything I’m in. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite products that I use on regular basis, like under eye cream, water-based moisturizer, and face masks I use on weekly basis. I always find reading reviews is crucial. You need to take the time to understand the kind of skin you have. It really makes it easier to purchase a skincare product.
Can we all agree a little self love goes along way?
This year Valentine’s Day is going to feel like such a burden for many of us but maybe more so for those that are single. Considering we are on lockdown unable to plan your Galentine’s party nor unable to see your family and friends, things can feel overwhelmingly lonely.
Here are a couple of ways you can celebrate your own company, if that’s where you find yourself.
- Order take out, call your favorite restaurant whether it is Indian, Ethiopian, Chinese or even just burgers and fries order your favorite meal for the 14th.
- Plan a bath! A nice candlelit bath that includes your favorite bath bombs prioritize this for yourself, grab your favorite book, and a hot cup of tea. Soak and relax!
- Send E-cards to your favorite humans! I find there is always joy in thinking of others on holidays, giving back to others is such a rewarding feeling.
- Journal, specifically your feelings, how you woke up feeling. Along with anything you’ve been pondering on. I suggest you write it all down. Include your accomplishments along with things you want to accomplish down the road.
- Facetime your favorite people, like your mom, sisters, girlfriends have a nice conversation about what you’re planning on doing for yourself for V-Day. Ask them what they are doing, encourage the plans that make them happy. End the conversation reminding them you love them.
I know many of us don’t run towards celebrating Valentine’s Day with much excitement. To be quite honest with you neither did I. It all changed for me when I became a mom 2.5 years ago I’ve really changed my perspective on it. I now see it as a day dedicated to showcasing how much the people that are in my life mean to me, you can see them here. It doesn’t only have to be catered towards your partner this can be shown towards your kids, your siblings, parents, and also friends. We all can use a little bit of love in our lives. Don’t overthink just enjoy it!